Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My first (and second) knitting project

Over Christmas, my sister in-law had a knitting lesson with my mom, Jonathan, and me. I think I'm the only one who actually took it up, but it took awhile. I'm very pleased with the results of my first and second projects.

I made a cowl. (A scarf but attached on both ends and you wrap it around your neck.) It was a simple knit the whole time, so I didn't even have to purl anything.


After I finished these scarves, I decided knitting wasn't for me because it took too long to make something. When I sew, I can start and finish a project in a few hours verses knitting which takes days and weeks. But then I found this awesome sweater pattern. No matter that I don't know how to do any of the knitting techniques--that's what youtube is for, right? So, I hope to have this project done by fall or winter. We'll see!!!

No comments: