Friday, June 5, 2009

$5 Travel Purse

I've been thinking of what I wanted to do for the next purse I made. I wanted it to have lots of storage and be easy to carry everywhere, so here's what I came up with.



It's basically two zipper purses sewn together. Here's one pocket.

The other pocket.And the middle "pocket" attaching the two zipper purses. I also have a zipper pocket in this one to conveniently hold personal things (like passports)!

I'm really, really pleased with how it turned out. It was an original idea, and it probably cost around $5 to make because it was all remnant fabric.

Now back to knitting the sweater...I'm still working on the first sleeve. I think I've finally mastered double pointed needles though.

1 comment:

Katy Clem said...

Sarah, I love this purse! It is just beautiful. I really don't like my diaper bag right now and I'm wandering around trying to figure out how to make myself one that I like, and this just looks awesome. I think I have a ways to go before I can just create stuff the way you do, so do you have any patterns for even the two side purses? I love looking through this blog--you are so creative and you make things that are not just gorgeous, useful, and economical, but so totally YOU that they make me feel like I'm hugging you just looking at pictures. You're really great. Thinking of and praying for you guys! Love you!