Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Weekend Project

Actually, it turned out to take me a few weeks to accomplish. And, it wasn't very much fun because there was very little sewing machine involved as well as a lot of repetitive cutting and sewing.

I found this great bird mobile project, and although it's designed for babies, I made it to remind me of the way the Lord cares for His beloved. One of my favorite verses is from Deuteronomy 33:12: "Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in Him, for He shields him all day long, and the one the Lord loves rests between His shoulders."

Now, I realize that this verse doesn't technically have much to do with birds, but it seems to fit the project as a reminder of God's goodness, faithfulness, and provision.

Jonathan even got to use his mad problem solving skills in balancing the branches and attaching the screws.


All I did was use scraps to cut out the bird parts, sew them together, and stuff them. Ali helped me find some sticks which I sewed them to, and Jonathan balanced and attached them all to one another. Easy process, but lots of mundane work. It was worth it though!

No comments: