Friday, February 6, 2009

The Evolution of Mom's Present

It started out as a Christmas present and was a pattern I was planning to invent as it went along. (My favorite way to sew is without a pattern and winging it.) It also started out as orange, but I wasn't pleased with how it looked, so I turned it the other way out which made it unable to be more than a clutch. Although it's super cute, I knew a clutch wouldn't be very useful for my mom. So...another purse for me and onto a new one for mom!


At this point, Christmas had come and gone, so, in hopes of completing a purse for her by her birthday I decided just to go for a pattern. And her birthday came and went, but I was able to crank it out last week and got it to her just a few days after her birthday. I'm glad she likes it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey - have you seen the web site www.etsy.com? You can sell your handmade items on there! I found it through a blog called Chic Critique because they had a cute bag featured:

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_gallery_16&listing_id=19319868&ga_search_query=tote&ga_search_type=category_tags_bags_and_purses

Thought of you!

Sarah said...

Thanks! I do know of etsy but my stuff isn't high-quailty enough to sell. Plus, I'm afraid I wouldn't like it if I had to make it, you know?

Anonymous said...

I DO love it! Thanks so much.
Love, Mom