Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Kylene's Birthday

We celebrated Kylene's 30th birthday and had a lot of fun getting stuff together for her party.

We made her wear this shirt I made for her. If anyone is fabulous, it's Kylene!

Mandi did an awesome job with the decorations.

We drank homemade Sangria--some of the best Sangria any of us have ever had.

And I surprised her with this awesome cake! Tall, whimsical, almost-tipping-over on the outside.

Rainbow on the inside!!!!!!!

I used 2 boxes of yellow cake mix and split them up into 6 parts and just food colored all the slices. Then, I made a marshmallow type icing. (The kind you add boiling water too.) I wish this idea was original, but alas, I got it from another blogger.

Here's the cake without the icing yet.
And we finished off the night with some pop rocks. It was lots of fun and I had a great time baking again! I'm also really excited to make some more shirts with the transfer paper!

4 comments:

Stacee said...

LOVE the rainbow cake! Such a fun idea!

Lisa said...

I expect a fun shirt for my birthday too! Getting old is really hard - but then wait, never mind, I stopped aging this past year, I will be 29 forever! Very fun party Sarah!

Rebecca Yoon said...

i love the rainbow cake, too! can i get the recipe for the marshmellow icing? I've never heard of that.

Sarah said...

here's the link of the site I got it from. They have the recipe for the icing. CAreful though because after a few hours, it turns into a marshmallow and is hard to cut, so use it right away if you want it to look pretty!
http://offthemeathook.com/2008/02/11/super-tall-amazing-rainbow-birthday-cake.aspx