Thursday, May 20, 2010

Project List

One of the best things about getting ready to welcome a little one into the world is that a whole new world of crafty ideas has opened up! I have a little less than 3 months to complete all of my projects, so almost every night is spent doing something. It works out great though, because sewing is so relaxing for me.

Here's a list of projects I'm the most excited about (in no particular order):

  • simple and easy nursing cover. I'm also planning just to use my baby wrap as a cover as well.
  • rocking chair cushion. I really don't need a tutorial for this, but it couldn't hurt.
  • Baby Booties. How adorable are these???
  • Yellow crib. I'm the most excited about this one. It may turn out to be more Jonathan's project than mine though if I'm lucky!
  • You can't have a great yellow crib without the perfect set of bedsheets!
  • We're all about handmade toys, beginning with these great nesting cubes. Hand sewing isn't my favorite, but I guess I can swing it for such a great project.
  • You might recognize this from a previous project, but I couldn't get enough for this bird mobile, so I had to make a new one to match Aurora's room. Jonathan and I collected new sticks for it last night, so I'm going to put him to work balancing the birds tonight.
  • Presently, I'm in the middle of making what feels like 1000 of these burp cloths based loosely off of this tutorial from one of my favorite crafty blogs.
This should keep me busy for awhile...not to mention that 6 or 7 of my friends are expecting within a few months of me, so I get to make things for them as well. I can't wait!

No comments: